HARDCORE COMPUTER'S "REACTOR" project

Status
Not open for further replies.
MNpctech, that would be awesome. I have seen several military or weapon style mods, but they all look clean and new. It would be cool to see a post apocalyptic one.

Having a proprietary base system will make it difficult to tap into the pc enthusiast & builder market. I told them they need to expand their product line to pc builders, especially the 4x120mm aluminum radiator design for watercoolers.

Aluminum radiators are the biggest No-No in water cooling.

Galvanic corrosion becomes a problem when mixing dissimilar metals and seeing as all the top water blocks are copper there's really no easy way around it.

Koolance is finally learning their lesson and moving away from Aluminum in all their products and I guarantee consumers will speak with their money.

And before anybody brings up corrosion inhibitors like radiator coolant, nothing beats the thermal conductive properties of pure water. All additive reduce it's cooling performance.

I think they should be capitalizing on their engineering and manufacturing resources and release thier own line of cooling products for enthusiasts. You never know, they may alter the chassis to support standard ATX and start marketing the cases later one if they can't move these systems. It's apperance on G4, "attack of the show" is slated for the 24th, Chad says it did the best benchmarks of any machine tested there to date

I've gotta get my "mod off" on at least one thing huh?, Playing off the name, "Reactor" I decided to go with a Nuclear Fallout theme. Imagining it was used in the field by the military for remote detonation of missles or bombs. I'm modding the back access panel. Yesterday I played around with some different ideas for either a window or exhaust fan. Here I'm using a 240mm cooling fan, and brainstorming a grill design with a radiation symbol warning.

zhardcorecomputer.com.reactor8.jpg

zhardcorecomputer.com.reactor7.jpg

I asked about coloring the oil green, they said it must be compatible with the dielectric oil. I don't if that is a "we're working on it" or "figure it out yourself" answer.. lol

I remember seeing the vegtable oil submerged pc a while back, this looks much more fancy but its not a new concept. After that you could google all kinds of work logs on people using motor oil, silicon oil, and distilled water. There are server farms that submerge their hardware in cycled deionized water to keep it cool.

Aspire is exactly right, the Anodic index of copper is about .35 where as aluminum is about .95. Even in the most controlled environments you would not want connections between metals further than .50 apart.

and yes the case is bawlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom