Anything new?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds good. When does it come out and will it be under $800 AUD?

the way things are looking, i would say no. even 4850/70 x2's gonna cost upwards of 700 in some cases. the bad dollar is part of the problem atm, price in aus have rocketed.

The 4870X2 is already overkill.
Yeah 4870X2's cost $700. And im very willing to pay that, but i think there is only one game where it slaughters 260/80 SLI and thats by over 60 frames a second.

The reason i dont is because of Cuda.

for folding or something? photoshop cs4 requires cuda also doesnt it? amd is working on those drivers based from that guy who made them himself arent they? cant remember the exact name. i dont even fold any more, electricity bill was gettin to high and im not on the computer an awful lot so there isnt much point. i kinda think its stupid to not buy acard becuase it isnt good for folding, but again i think its stupid to pay $700 on a card which will be beaten in performance within 3 months.

cuda isnt just for folding, theres a huge amount of programs behind it.

CUDA Zone -- The resource for CUDA developers

CS4 like you said is one of them, theres also badaboom media converter and others.

In terms of power bill a single 8800GS doesnt use much, its the same as if you would be gaming all day. If the pc is already all the time idle its like 50 watts extra to run it at load all the time.

zed bro let me say one thing. Its never smart to spend over $200 on a Video card. Which is the reason I started looking at the 4830 instead of the 4850. But I too at one point was willing to spend $250 on a video card. Till I realized it really doesn't give a huge jump in performance compared to cheaper cards. At least not enough to justify the price tag.

What ever happened to price/performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom