my first pc build page with pics, pitch in guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
heh
can't wait for cards that are twice as fast as the gtx 280 huh :p

that Samsung is much better.
but question, why aren't you looking at newegg.com? usually best prices around
either that or your local B&M store, sometimes have good sales.

i just searched and first link i found with the moniter i posted
of course i would be shopping aat newegg but i got a local deal for $130 for the samsung

ok guys got some stuff shipped today, still have some small ? but I think im ready to put it all together
more pics and info

mobo asus m2n32-sli deluxe wireless edition
DSC03402.jpg

2gigs of corsair ddr2 800
DSC03404.jpg

ocz 600 watt psu
DSC03392.jpg

amd athlon x2 5400 2.8ghz black edition
DSC03393.jpg

xigmatek cpu cooler 120mm fan
DSC03401.jpg

samsung dvd writer
DSC03399.jpg

verto geforce 9600gt
DSC03400.jpg

samsung 19" dvi 5ms moniter
DSC03388.jpg

DSC03389.jpg

ok thats about it still need a hddrive, looking to get a 250gig sata for $15 from my freind
im on a $500 budget so i cant really spend too much

now for the question
so i bought the xigmatek cooler for my cpu and it came with this white heat sink silicone compound

dont know if i should use it or buy a better type
what ur suggestion, just use it

thanks for looking

Sweet rig man. The 9600 GT should be able to handle gaming on a 19 Inch no problems.

My bro just got a 19inch wide screen and his going to order a 3850 or 3870. Both will handle gaming at those resolutions as well.

As for me, I m going 22" with Crossfire 4830's. 4850's if prices drop to under $200 after shipping, tax. and everything. But chances of that are slim lol.

Sweet rig man.
thx alot

well i hooked everything up today exept a hdd which im getting tommarow hopefully
came out nice but I heard a small cracking noise from my mobo as i was putting this one plug in on the corner. Dont know if that will be a problem, but I know the board is somewhat flexable soo....

I still got 4 more gigs or corasir ddr2 ram coming

Now all I need to know is If i can start the system with no hdd just to see if things are working peoperly(fans, mobo, cpu)

and then turn it off once I see it turns on

SO what you guys think wilkl it be safe or just wait for the hdd to come

Ohh another question, can I hook up 2 video cards at once not using sli(they are diff. cards)

and once I put the video card in does it only need pci power connector and nothing else.

also does it matter what order I put the ram in or what slot I out the video card in

thanx alot guys for the help in advance, I know I know very little but hopefully it will work out good, pics are coming of everything installed soon

thx alot

well i hooked everything up today exept a hdd which im getting tommarow hopefully
came out nice but I heard a small cracking noise from my mobo as i was putting this one plug in on the corner. Dont know if that will be a problem, but I know the board is somewhat flexable soo....

If the board actually cracked, that could be a big problem...

You're safe to start your computer to see if it works.

I don't know if you can hook up another video card, but just stick with the one 9600 for now. It'll be sufficient.

It doesn't matter which slot the card goes into, and all you have to do is put it in the slot and plug the power cord in.

I believe you can put another card in there,
verong said something about using a weaker card as a physics card while back
but I've never tried it

Ill just leave the card out, once i get home ill start it up and see if things go right

The baord didnt crack at all, Just a noise
sort or when you fold a bag or chips
But no physical damage i can see
I guess ill find out sooner or later
also how long does the cpu thermal paste dry out
I had it on for about 3-4 hours dont know if thats good enough

Well, I've never used the substance before, but I can't imagine it still not being dry after that amount of time.

Love your case btw. Can you get it with a red glow? I'm not building my pc for a few months, but that is a really suite looking one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom