How's this MB for OCing

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you guys trust newegg's open box products?

the I45 board is up there for 104 bux, open box. sounds like a pretty good deal.

the worst that can happen is you get no accessories and a sucky overclocking board because some schmoe didn't like it. I have no experience w/ open box but I would take a stab at one. Worse case scenario you sell it for what you got it for

before i go and buy a new Motherboard, does anyone know a reliable way to test a CPU to see if it's fried or shot from poor OCing?

Mine never got too hot, i have cooling set up proper. I just don't want to get a new MB to find my problems were happening with my CPU, but a messed up post screen where none of my SATA ports will load, immediately made me think it was my MB.

if you have a computer store around you like fry's, microcenter you can purchase it, try it and return it. Unless you have some other skt 775 cpu's. You could purchase a cheap one on ebay to test

but have you ever heard of CPU issues causing a post screen to mess with SATA ports?

it just doesn't make sense to me.

it feels like i'm getting little lock ups in windows too. like when i first boot and boot firefox , it doens't wanna launch and stops responding.

If I had to guess I would put my money on the mobo. Like I said you can purchase a cheap 775 mobo to test or if you have a friend that has parts you can test. Once you boot and go into bios it should recognize whats plugged in. If you want to try you can update the bios but I doubt it'll help. It is worth a try though. Try running your cpu,ram under stock settings and see how it runs

well i just ordered an I45, if i'm still getting the issue, i can either send back the I45 or i can just sell my used evga 680i comfortabley knowing it wasn't my MB that was messed up.

will i have to reinstall vista 64 when just swapping out my motherboard?

thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom