rebooting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayder

Solid State Member
ok it's me again,my step son pc is on the blank. ok when up plugged his pc and moved it and when we went to turn it on it booted up and a message came up saying boot from a cd.the os is already on it.if i do that i will reinstall the os.i don't want to do that .what should i do?

thanx
jay

Did you leave the Windows XP CD in the CD-ROM drive? if you did take it out. Or you might need to go into the BIOS and change the first boot device from the CD-ROM drive to the Hard Drive.

no there was no cd in the cd rom and i did change thing in bios so the hd boots first
thanks
jay

I would say try reinstalling the os, if that doesnt work, look into the possibility that the problem is with the cd. What os exactly are you trying to install?

What was the last thing you did on that PC while it was still functioning properly?

nothing ,and windows home.but my wife don't want me to reinstall she think it something else so she want to get a tech and pay for instead reinstalling the os

lol, no offence but that is rediculous, your going to pay someone to do something that will take you less than an hour to do

take your windows cd, put it in the cd drive, restart windows, when it first starts up press delete to get into bios window, change the primary startup device as cd, getout of bios and save settings, then you should be able to access the windows menu to format and reinstall windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom