** URGENT ** RGB Values on Monitor Screwy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phate

In Runtime
So i just got my new gaming PC back from geeksquad (i know it was a bad decision, its a LONG story), and on boot up i notice that the RGB values (the color on the monitor) are all wrong, everything seems much more blue/green rather then red.

when looking at this color wheel:

http://projects.cbe.ab.ca/AlexFerg/showcase07-08/rehakclassblog1/Pictures/ColorWheel1.jpg

i notice that the blues and yellows seem *OK*, but the red and the red-orange are black. also the violet red has no red in it at all.

so it seems im not recieving red from my video card... any ideas?

PLEASE GET BACK TO ME ASAP

-Phate

You will have to try a different monitor or different video card, to rule out one or the other.

Edit: Either that or try your video card or monitor on different computer to see if you get the same results

ugh, so theres no way this could be a software problem?

i wish i had another video card or another monitor, i have neither =\

i tried looking at my monitors settings (the buttons on the monitor), but nothing was able to get my red back.

so do you think geeksquad ****ed up my video card?

ok, so i just checked, and just to clarify: my monitors settings show red (theres a red/green/blue dots for Color Settings, and the red is totally visible), its just the video card/video cable... should i call geeksquad and tell them they ****ed up my video card? because its ridiculous that theyve had this computer for 1.5 months and returned it to me ****ed up...

how about your display properties on the computer?

In the advanced settings of display properties you can assign colour profiles to your monitor.

Also you should update your video card drivers, or reinstall if they are up-to-date

Have you double checked the VGA/DVI cable? Make sure it's pressed all the way into the Video Card.

Which video card do you have? I can tell you off the top of my head that ATI's Catalyst Control Center has options you can use to compensate. I'm sure Nvidia has something similar in their tool.

Definately try another monitor if you can before bringing it back to the Geeks.

ok, im downloading drivers right now, i dont need to worry about old ones, since geek squad fried my old original hard drive (complete with ALL my games, all my saved tools, etc), and installed a clean copy of windows vista

Edit: its a VisionTek Radeon HD4850

Play around with this a little bit:

CCCColor.jpg

all right, i fiddled with that, and I installed drivers.... still no red...

any ideas?

If updated drivers didnt do it then i would say that the card would be damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom