ibm t23

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
i was wondering what type of hard drive and optical (ide probably?) and what type of ram(ddr?) the ibm t23 laptop usually has. i have the specs just need to know info for upgrades before i buy.

here are the specs how much is it worth.

Intel® Pentium® M- 3 processor 1.13 GHz CPU

Huge 14.1" XGA TFT Active Matrix screen 1024X768 trueColor DISPLAY

10 GB Hard Drive (Enough room to store all of your programs, MP3s, Digital photos, Word processing documents, spread sheets, etc.

384MB RAM
DVD-Rom DRIVE ( This gives you the freedom to Watch DVD Movies, play games and music CDs anywhere)

Swapable Floppy Drive is also included

56K Modem (use for DSL connection)

10/100/1000 NIC Ethernet Controller Use for Cable, office or home network

Battery is Included (Hold charge but not in warranty)

Ac adapter Included

Windows XP Professional is pre loaded with 2000 COA

Software Installed:

MSOffice(Microsoft word,Microsoft Excel,Microsoft Powerpoint),WinDVD player Software etc

This used IBM T23 is in GOOD WORKING CONDITION. May have some blemish on lcd screen. It was from a corporate environment where it was used with normal wear .The laptop is tight and solid and very high quality and performs and functions perfectly.

Ports:

9 pin Serial, 2 USB, VGA (External Moniter), Audio Line-Out (Headphones), Microphone - In, PCMCIA slot, Video Out, Mouse, Parallel (for printer)

i have dial up internet so it takes me all day to look at large corporate websites. thanks for the link it should go by much faster now :D

ill just be loading linuxMCE on it and i want to install a larger hdd.

I cant find this anywhere... does the t23 have a mini pci slot for a wireless card?

You think this laptop could run linuxMCE no problem? if i upgraded the hdd to like an 80gb to hold music and stuff.. should be good?

That depends. If you go to 1GB of RAM which it is said to support then maybe. But the CPU is still kinda slow. A 1GHz to at most a 1.2GHz PIII CPU wouldnt be ideal for a MCE. At least not in my opinion.

I don't think it will, either. At least not ideally. You should invest a little more and get a better cpu out of it.

well i lost the auction anyways. im giving up on ebay i keep losing since i dont have 150+ to spend on a broken laptop. and people want way to much for there 10 year old laptops on craigslist. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom