Computer Booting problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
where can i get a case speaker to add on? Microcenter?
and it boots but doesnt even get to bi os screen...
just stays on powered but doesnt go anywhere....

Newegg, TigerDirect, and many other online vendors as well as retail stores like CompUSA that carrry a large amount of pc accessories will see those. Even a local Radio Shack will carry something. Those are pretty common items and don't cost much.

Just look in the case itself at the bottom for the place and measure the diameter. Some cases will simply see tabs to hold the speaker inplace without screw holes near the front bottom.

i do have a microcenter here, pretty sure they'll have some.
well i dont care how it fitts...if its small i can put it anywhere and just use it for testin so i can hear for the beeps.
gotta go leave for my trip again tomrrow so i'll hve to do this when i get back.

thanks eyecpc, i'll keep you updated

When going to plug the wires in on the small block of pins you may have to look over the board diagram in the manual that came with it if you don't immediately see two pins with some type of "speaker" marking there. I still find it a little odd you never heard the single beep at post time unless the small beeper on the board was no good to start with.

Often when looking at the pins you will see "speaker" with a curved arrows seeing arrow heads at both ends to point out which pins are used. Just remember you want a pc and not any other type of speaker since that will see the correct mini plugs to slide on the pins themselves as well as the type rated for pc use. That's in case some sales person is totally pc illiterate as seen often in various retail outlets. :p

well i do have speaker pins on my mobo although my case never came with any!
even if he doesnt know what im talkin about, i'll know which one it is once i'll see it.

The board itself in most cases has a beeper on it. Generally you only see a speaker included with a new case when buying a prebuild you may find one in that while cases ordered at newegg and other vendors for custom builds leave that simply as an option especially for older boards were those lacked a speaker to start with.

On every custom build put together here the board had a beeper on it that worked. Apparently you ran into one that either lacks one or was a defect. But you should find one fast for about $5-$7 tops easy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom