Need help. Can't OC much & failing intel burn test on stock settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
first of all your multi can't be at 6 if you have a 2.6ghz clock. Your cpu speed what we like to call here FSB is 290 x 6 = 1740mhz
Those are hot temps. Maybe you need to reseat your heatsink and think of additional case cooling

so you think it's the mobo? It does seem to be acting very strange. I have a G25 wheel and it;s connects via usb to my computer. On start up the wheel will rotate back and forth. Guess it's calibrating maybe? Well ever since I had this mobo it will randomly do that and I have no idea why.

If I rma this board will I need to install OS again or will I be fine since it's the same model mobo?

When/if I rma they will want to know a reason correct? What should I say? Under testing it is not stable?

EDIT: Not sure if you need to know this or not but the Corsair memory I have requires 2.2v which from what a friend of mine said is more then normal. So do I need to adjust something because this memory requires more? Could this be my issue?

I read this thread which I found during a google search. Seems this guy has the same issues as me. Troubles with Biostar T I45 P45 mobo - EXTREME Overclocking Forums

EDIT: More I read that topic the more I think my memory voltage is the issue. I have never touched it and from what I read the stock setting on my mobo for mem volts is 1.9 and I need at least 2.2....if I am overclocking should I have even more volts for memory?

does anyone ese notice that his 12v and 5v rail is extremely bad 12v is at 10.6v and 5v is 5.6v, im not sure if they would be correct cuz its a windows reading but they still should be that far off. but u might want to check in your bios and see if those numbers are anywhere near where they should be cuz if those are right u really want to get a new psu, i think that would cause ur inability problem

I'm new to all this so I am not sure what you are talking about. This has been a learning experience as I go along. Are you stating my psu is not giving enough juice? Some say my psu is really good for oc'ing but I thought my psu was rather cheap compare to other psus out there.

Where in bios to I check and what am I looking for? Where should they be?

lol bfg a good psu? no.... who ever told u that psu was good for overclocking was wrong, from the graphs u posted like this one:
2008-11-11-22h59-Volt12.png

the blue line is where ur supposed to be, the red is where u are, ur getting like 10.5v out of something that is supposed to be giving 12v a good psu will be like .1 or .2 off maybe, a bad psu will be like .5 off. ur 1.5 off if occt is correct, look in ur bios under like monitoring or tempatures or somthing im not sure every bios is different but look for it(someone w/ a biostar i45 help me here). but i personally think just by looking at ur stuff that its ur psu that is causing insability

edit: here is a graph to compair to, i just ran occt for 3 min and here was my 12v rail:

keep in mind i know my windowns reading is a little off it reads about .08 lower then bios reading.
2008111213h15volt12um9.png

people here told me that my psu is good. The person that helped me build the computer told me the psu will not be good for overclocking. People here said do not listen to him. He told me not to listen to people on forums since they really do not know about my computer. He said unless they have the exact same product then they will only give me info based upon their success. Now you are stating differently then what others here have told me about my psu.

I guess you learn one way or the other. I think I am going to go ahead and go with what he said and you said and wait to OC until I have a better psu.

Nothing, you're just saying the forums giving mixed reviews on stuff that you asked about. But no where on here can I find where you were told to buy that one.

Only thing ever said about it was asking what it was, and you not knowing, so you read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom