Isatap

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeroplane22

Baseband Member
About a few days ago, I had uninstalled Comodo Firewall and AVG and restarted my computer. I had no internet after I rebooted.

I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate x64.

In device manager, my two built-in NICs are said to have no drivers installed, along with the ISATAP Adapter which reads the same. 'Code 31' Driver issue.

I've tried disabling and uninstalling, then reinstalling my NIC drivers from the manufacturer's website, to no success. It's a really strange error, Microsoft says they are aware of the issue and the response is that you can simply ignore the ISATAP error. Well, I can't exactly ignore the fact that I have no internet.

One other solution I can think of is to load up my Vista disc and 'Repair' the windows installation, but I don't have the disc right now and am in the process of ordering a new disc.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Vista doesnt have the option for "repair". So that option is out. Remove the drivers from teh device manager and restart. See if Windows Vista will reinstall them. Or use this PC you are using to ask and answer question and download the latest drivers from the PC manufacturer's website and transfer them via USB Thumb drive or something like that to the other PC and install them.

Yes, it seems to me that Comodo is most likely the issue. I'll have to check with that after I fix my other problem I have posted.

'Post Code Party'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom