The Official NosBoost300 Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not really true....and the good games are the ones that support it.

All the ones i listed do...theres also warmonger which is a free game and its pretty cool.

Apparently medal of honor: airborne doesnt but that game sucks anyways.

And when not running a physx enabled game you can use it to fold which is beneficial as well.

You dont really need to get a 9600GT...8600 series cards work great and are still faster
then those $200 ageia cards ever were.

Yeah but compare that against Havok games. It's cpu powered so you don't have to buy a particular card. And I don't think in practice PhysX is an better than Havok. Once again if it had an appreciable performance increase or good incentive period a lot more games would use it.

physx is still a long ways away from being implemented widely in games.

UT3 has what, like 3 physx levels that are basically really really crappy

Yeah but compare that against Havok games. It's cpu powered so you don't have to buy a particular card. And I don't think in practice PhysX is an better than Havok. Once again if it had an appreciable performance increase or good incentive period a lot more games would use it.

physx is way better than havok.

physics rendered on cpus are slow...havok doesnt do hardware accelerated physics..only software.

PhysX Performance with GeForce

PhysX Performance with GeForce

The whole point of physx is to take the load away from the cpu...havok doesnt do that. And as boards get faster, physx rendering will only get faster. I see no reason why to hate on it so much..its a relatively new technology so itll take time to get pushed and put into more games.

But its free for anyone with a geforce 8 or higher card.

Its not a new technology. Its been around longer than DX10. Its at least 3 years old now.

And once again you have to have a PhysX capable game to have the Benefit. You have UT3, but ,many games are not made on the Unreal Engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom