GTX 260 core 216 worth it to upgrade? 8800 GTX comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
what brand is your card? a couple companies have a step-up program...so if you paid a lot more it you could get a good card out of it.

but anyway it goes : the 260 is a good upgrade over the 8800gtx

evga so step up isn't an option since its been too long

The way you said the Post, I assumed you are quite interested in future games and are not satisfied with your 8800GTX

Well I am satisfied as of now with my 8800 GTX but am looking toward the future. The magnitude of how much the GTX 260 is better then my 8800 GTX matters because if it isn't by a lot, then its probably better to wait for another generation of cards don't you think?

I like how ATI has the best price/performance ratio going on right now...makes choices just that much harder

ATI is working on a revamp of the 48xx chips. They are supposed to be able to handle higher speeds, which equals better OC. They are supposed to be out soon, but I didn't catch the time.

ATI is working on a revamp of the 48xx chips. They are supposed to be able to handle higher speeds, which equals better OC. They are supposed to be out soon, but I didn't catch the time.

Interesting, what was Nvidias future plans? to release a card that bests the GTX 280? or release several variations between a GTX 260 core 216 ( really wish they just called it GTX 265 ) and GTX 280? I'm guessing they will do both since they like saturating the market with different versions of cards :p

How will I be able to know when they release these?

Hmmm back to perspective I gotta ask myself, is it worth spending $200+ for 25%-35% increase in performance in current games? if someone could reassure me that the performance % would increase beyond 50% for next gen games then I would probably take the plunge, but I don't think anyone can confidentely say so. The jump from the 7 series to the 8 series still to this day stands the biggest performance jump we've seen with video cards ( someone feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom