WinMe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Multispindle

Baseband Member
Hi Guys
I have a pc with windows millenium on and I want to format the pc and run WinMe again. The problem is it wont let me,I have changed the bios to run from the cdrom and all it does is start winme as normal.

you need a windows start up disk which will load the computer in DOS and you can format from there. go to bootdisk.com and get a startup disk from there, 98 would prob be the best

I tried with a start up disk it did not work so I typed in format c: and it formatted. But everytime I turn on the pc it says put disk in drive then press any key,I have put every disk I have used into the drive but it keeps asking for disk.
Cheers

Multispindle said:
I tried with a start up disk it did not work so I typed in format c: and it formatted. But everytime I turn on the pc it says put disk in drive then press any key,I have put every disk I have used into the drive but it keeps asking for disk.
Cheers

Do you have a cdrom and a burner? maybe it boots from the burner

once you have formatted, then boot off the floppy again and boot with CD Rom support.

Once booted - go to d: (or e: or whatever: )
Then hit SETUP - Enter.

winme
20gd hard drive
256 memory
pII
433 processor
Packard Bell

I use to use two disks before on win98 but I put winme on and have had no problems until now.

I tried to boot up with the two disks but no joy.
cheers

I have put the floppy and the winme in the drives,
it went to the microsoft startup menu,
1)Help
2)start computer with cdrom support
3)start computer without cdrom support
4)minimal

I pressed :start computer with cdrom support
it runs through until it comes to

To view help,type help and enter
A:\>

what do I do next

Multispindle said:
Cheers

What did you use to format with. maybe your pc will only boot cd or floppy not both. it looks like it's booting cd now so did you tell bios to boot floppy before you tried the 98 boot disk. it also sounds like your me isn't bootable. did you do it bootable the first time or autorun in win 98

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom