windows network problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are saying none of the computers can see each other on your network? If that's the case you overlooked something simple like winXP ICF firewall is on. What software firewalls do you use? If you do not need advanced sharing mode set it back to simple mode. login to your router (usually 192.168.1.xxxx) and view the client list. if your router can see all computers than you have someting set wrong on your machines.

this is what i have done:

start>control panel>network connections>la connection>properties>advanced>then i cleared (UNCHECKED) the box with 'Protect my computer...'

also:
start>control panel>administrative tools>local security policy>security policies>security options> and then 'Accounts: Limit accounts...' --> disabled

root@localhost:/home/root# arp -n
Address HWtype HWaddress Flags Mask Iface
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ether AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF C eth2
192.168.0.99 ether AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF C eth1
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ether AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF C eth0
192.168.0.92 ether AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF C eth1
192.168.0.91 ether AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF C eth1
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ether AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF C eth0
root@localhost:/home/root#

as you see router can see all machines.
we do not use any firewalls.

so im sure that there is smth i do incorrect while configuring computers with windows os, and i hope you'll help me to detect what exactly.

any ideas about that ?

This may be a silly solution, but do you have all the protocols installed on the pcs? Like "file and printer sharing for MS networks", "Client for Microsoft networks", etc?
.. jeigu nori, galiu rashyti lietuvishkai =)..

normalei :) tik lt simboliu nenaudok ;]
i have these protocols:
Client for MS networks
File and Printer sharing for MS networks
TCP/IP

do i need anything else ?

if no, where the solution is ?

yes, i found this site yesterday just a few hours before you posted. i found the solution there - TCP/IP sometimes doesn't work as lan protocol, therefore it has to be changed to NetBeEUI (only for lan). for other internet the TCP/IP remanis unchanged.

than u everybody who helped :)

3. enabled guest account, and enabled blank passwords by going: start > control panel > Administrative tools > local security policy > security settings > local policies > security options > 'Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only' > disable > 'OK'

DO not ever do this.....
Mama Mia how could you.....?

WOW

Or if you want to keep it don't post it around internet....

I don't know why you can't see those computers if you did everything...

But if you do the 3 Item I can see all of them

Please Find/Read Windows Security Documetns before
follow some ideas like item #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom