750i FTW, more like PMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
I swear to god, this board refuses to do what it is supposed to. I finally got around to shaving down my waterblock so that the crossover tube will fit, get everything installed back in the case, and now everytime i try to install windows, both xp and vista, it wont freaking work. I even set the stupid bios to the failsafe defaults. Going to break something soon.

did u download the updated drivers like i told you? it wont work with the disk drivers. also dont forget to instal with only 1 stick of ram.

mine worcks fine no water cooling mind you but im running a q6600, server 08 and sli gpu's, i also duel boot.

Ya i already pulled a stick of memory. I cant even get the thing to boot into windows to run updates. I just did some rearranging with my sata connections so that the main boot device is on the 0 slot and i -think- i might have xp working now. But seriously this has been a retarded experience. I have never had this much trouble getting windows installed. Dont know what the heck is going on. The more i screw with this crap, the more i'm wanting to go i7 when evga puts out there new x58. Stupid nvidia chipsets.

you need to download the enw drivers off another compy and burn them onto a disk, other wise your comp will just BSOD after instaling the stock drivers, right away.

Ya, i'm setting up dual boot right now, going to download the drivers to the data drive under xp and hope for the best, if that doesnt work i'll just download them to my laptop(which im on right now) and just pull them over from here.

Also, just for the record, these xspc full cover blocks are WAY more restrictive than the DD maze5's i had on the 4870s.

also you might wanto update the drivers on xp afterwards, if you atempt to run any 3d app in xp itl bsod, this was a big **** up by evga, my guesse is you got one shipped with the same disk as me the a1's no the S what ever.

Ya i ran the updates off evga.com. Downloading the realtek driver for audio atm. Everything seems to be hunkey dorey atm. Good day to do this too, as i was off work and warcrack has been down for going on 18 hours now. Lots of angry basement dwellers right now :)

restrictive just means more surface area no???

anyway arent you glad im here to help ya veed otherwise you would have been riping your hair out trying to get it to work, when trying to get mine to work i called evga who are usualy usefull, and they couldnt figure it out, it wast he disks shiped with the a1 serial code. anyway i ended up calling in the fix for it, and now i passed it on for you to enjoy the 750iftw goodness :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom