How Many Monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed a lot of these drivers are for windows vista and I have windows xp. Is it possible that I might need to get windows vista in order to use a driver that will work?

Also, I don't really understand how this website works. How can I find forceware for the xp? Sorry for asking a lot of questions and thanks for helping.

I was able to find their latest driver for my video card and their update allowed for some tweaks that I liked but there was no triple display option still. I guess that means it isn't possible to do it.

Personally, I highly doubt there will ever be tri-monitor support. Triple monitor support...I've personally never heard of it. Lots of graphics cards have triple outputs (most regular desktop cards have 2 VGA/DVI and one S-Video/Component, but only support two monitors [any combination of monitors or TV's] at a time). My laptop has an LCD, an HDMI, a VGA, and an S-Video/Component/TV output, but I'm pretty sure it can only do two monitors at a time. I think this is a hardware limitation, as many cards end up installing two drivers (for example, ATI Radeon X1600Pro/ATi Radeon X1600Pro (Secondary)).

To finish off, what makes me believe it is hardware, when I do "lspci" in Linux, it shows up as two PCI devices, at least for my Radeon.

Hmm well I do have one last option if all is true. I could always check out the digital edition matrox dualhead2go.

How were you able to accomplish that? Was it built for having the ability to support three monitors? Or did you modify something to make it work?

It wasnt a laptop card. It was also more powerful and could output more than your GFX card.

Yeah the problem ben is exactly as Mak just said. Your 3600M isn't powerful enough to have a 3 monitor display. Even if you were really able to find a modded driver that allowed it, the computer probably wouldn't be usable. The screens would most likely lag.

The driver support for the desktop cards is also much better and provide many more features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom