Finally something good to say....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have the X800 Pro.

Can someone explain to me how exactly i can overclock this thing?

Thats a very good overclock that cooler should make it even better .I think the ATI X800 and XT PE are very good cards after all there based on a tried and true chip.
But dissapoint me on new technology implemented into them.
Thats why i bought the 6800 Ultra .Maybe when the R520 comes out with PS 3.0 ill have me an ATI again :)

agex000 said:
P.S.: At the extreme frequency that your memory is set at - You are going to need some heatsinks for the VRAM. These are often included in VGA cooling packages.

Is it dangerous to keep running the VRAM at this speed until I get heatsinks. I can't afford a replacement card right now. :(

Anyway, to get the whole scoop on what I've done and my card, read this

http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?pageID=749&Submit=Go&cID=470

I did a 3dMark03 with this overclocking and got 11250, which is darn good for an X800 Pro (I normally read people getting in the high 8000s to low 9000s.) Still isn't as good as the 6800GT stock, but its doing better than it was (FarCry minimum about 20 fps instead of 8 fps)

Ive been playing Far Cry at 1792x1344x32 AA8x AF 16x
Ultra High settings in Game Control Panel my FPS 40-90
i usually see the counter in the 50`s Screen shots at these settings are huge tho 2000mb to 2400 mb in jpg form .This is a totaly new experience in gaming for me :) .Hopefully better drivers will get your performance up soon .

Ive been playing Far Cry at 1792x1344x32 AA8x AF 16x
Ultra High settings in Game Control Panel my FPS 40-90
i usually see the counter in the 50`s Screen shots at these settings are huge tho 2000mb to 2400 mb in jpg form .This is a totaly new experience in gaming for me .Hopefully better drivers will get your performance up soon .

......I hate you

u know what beedubaya, if u can barrow a 6800 from someone, or get a hold of one somehow just to test it in your system... id be curiouse to see if that would actually make the difference, and rule out if its maybe something else thats rong inside, not the gfx card?

u'd prolly actualy be more curiouse to find out then i, but if u have the means to try it, please inform us of resaults.

How can you find out how many FPS you are getting in games?

I have farcry and a few other games and i'm curious as to how many FPS im getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom