Will my PSU handle Crossfire 4830's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know OP was getting a quad....
I thought OP was sticking with that 4800+

I'll be getting my Quad in January~February. So I'll just pick up another PSU along with the CPU instead. Probably a corsair 750 watt, so I don't have to worry about "pushing it" anymore.

Thanks for the replies though.

Also... is it wise to over clock when crossfiring? I know overclocked cards will still run in crossfire, I just don't know if it will lead to issues when it comes to stability, and whether or not my games will crash on me. As well as cards re-setting themselves to stock speeds instead.

I'm going with Puddle. I have had a bad history with cutting corners on the power supply. Let em tell you, even if the psu gets over the mark and you can get away with running it at max load, you are going to be hurting the psu. You don't want to fully load it all the time.

Thing is that an Earthwatts 380 is not a cheap psu.

It can be run at high loads all the time...its a seasonic.

For xfire itll be fine.....but adding a quad yeah go with a 500watt or higher.

i also have the 380w earthwatts, and agree it is a beast, but running a crossfire system with a quad is probably over the top, its not worth the risk if something happens, although it will almost always be only the psu that fries, it is possible for some of your connected components to be affected.

Guess its no Quad till a better PSU?

I'll stick to the X2 then, until I finally manage to cough up more money for a PSU with more watts.

hrmm if my 650watt trio didnt like 8800gtx sli, and a 3.2ghz quad core, along with 2 hdd's and a 680i.. i don't thnk you should risk it.... i mean thats almost 300 more watts right here.. and i dont think the watt consumption is much difference between the two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom