Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
I want to make some upgrades, but I also don't want to spend all my money on stuff that may never show me any noticeable improvment in my gaming or whatever else I do on my pc. I have gone over and over many different options but I can't seem to decide what to do. My specs should be show down below. As you can see pretty much everything I have in my pc is on the lower end for that product, if you know what I mean. For example. I have a 2600+ but its FSP is only 166 Mhz, and I think they make them at 333Mhz. Or the ram for another example. Its PC3200 but its also some of the cheapest sets you can get. Anyways, I was thining about spending around $500 but I don't know what to do with the $500 that would make the most difference in my PC Preformance. So if you have any suggestions I would be happy to hear them. Thanks

graphics card and i didnt know that you can get a 133fsb from a 2600 i have a 2800 and i have 333 fsb???????//

Yea, your graphics card would be the thing to update. Get a GeForce 6800GT, and overclock it to a GeForce 6800 Ultra. It is in your pricerange and will be like night and day in games such as Doom 3 compared to your GeForce FX 5600.

Wait scrath what i said.
If you only have a 133 fsb and a 2600 which is not bad except for the 133 fsb part then i would for under 500 mabye about 300 bucks switch to 64 bit pross and mobo. But inless you need a new change quick id wait till the pci express boards come out for amd and buy one of those and save up you money now!!
Thats the best bet and thats what im going to do!

graphics card and i didnt know that you can get a 133fsb from a 2600 i have a 2800 and i have 333 fsb???????//

I have had this CPU for a little over a year. When I bought it the XP 3000 was the top of the line AMD CPU. Boy do we progress fast. Also you said that I should get a GT Card. Would it stress out the processor and make it lag? Or does it not really reley on it? And do you think I should get a bigger PSU if I get a GT?

Blackmoore's 2600+ does have a 333fsb. it says 166 in bios, cause DDR ram is 2x, sending and recieving.. u need to multiply 166x2= 333. your fsb is normal.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
i imagine the 2600 cpu may be kind ofa bottle neck for the 6800gt, but the gt is realy good and can always be transfered to anyother computer.

i think most of the parts are going to get cheaper by holiday sales at the end of the year, or by next year. so its up to u realy. but thats what im waiting for.. to get a 64 939socket, ram, and gfx.

Blackmoore's 2600+ does have a 333fsb. it says 166 in bios, cause DDR ram is 2x, sending and recieving.. u need to multiply 166x2= 333. your fsb is normal.

Damnit jolancer! I was scrolling hoping no one had told him that yet lol, common mistake by most people. but yeah Jolancer told it right, Your fsb IS 333

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom