Bought my i7-920 and ASUS P6T

Status
Not open for further replies.
better get some nice reviews up!!! spending my time/money waiting for this thing..it better be worth it> socket 775.

anyone got any news on additional coolers? i've only seen like 1 and then hearing stuff about a few companies coming out with brackets for socket 775 coolers to fit with core i7.

You can use water blocks.

nahhh put this off for like half a year or more now. don't feel like waiting another 2 months. Plus i'm not experienced enough for that. I would love to WC..but I have so much more I'd rather spend my money on.

anyway, this thread isn't about me. anyone know anything about memory limits on these boards? I seen something on a x58 board saying it had a max of 25ishgb/s bandwidth speed or something like that. Is that talking about RAM? if so, what speed of RAM is that?

max stock bandwidth at the moment is about 16GB/s (DDR3 2000... ie 2 billion addresses of a 64bit bus), but you can OC that and get well over 20GB/s (DDR3-2500)

^ that is simply insane. If it wasn't for the fact that SSD's were so expensive, then tri channel DDR3 paired with SSD's could together eliminate the slow down effect on pcs. Even ones full of crap would boot fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom