Just installed new motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Kaizer

Daemon Poster
I just installed a new motherboard, from an ECS to a Biostar TP45HP. I turned on the computer, and there are no hardware problems, which I'm very happy about. When it turned on, a "Biostar TSeries" splash screen came up, and then I pressed F12 to go to the bios. It loads up a bios that says American Megatrends or something like that - is that the new bios, or the old one? Since I just made a swap, do I have to flash the bios, or anything with the driver disk that came with the motherboard?

I have no clue what I'm supposed to do here :p Just please inform me as to what, if anything I have to do before installing Windows.

The bios is located on the motherboard so you are looking the the bios of the board you currently have installed.

Yes. You might actually be able to boot windows like normal. That said it's a good idea to go ahead and reinstall.

yeah u can try boot into windows but ull get a lot of weird problems, things like onboard audio and data transfer have been installed which ur older mobo drivers and dont always finction correctly. just gon into ur advanced features, set the 1st bott device to cdrom and get installing. you might also want to get that ur ram is at the right speeds voltage etc. my mobo sets my gskill PQ's at the wrong timings

Same question If i just replace the mobo in my rig, nothing else same HDD everything the same, will I have to re install Windows Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom