Upgrading gpu: HD4870, GTX280 or 260?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any one know how long this 4850 x2 is? I need to make sure this will fit in my case. I think I should be ok but just want to be sure.

I'd like to but my friend as the X2 and it runs SO HOT it is insane. I asked about the fan issues in this thread but neither of those fixes work for the X2. He stated he updated the drivers and user rivatuner and the fans still reset back to stock settings.

If I knew for a fact there is a fix for this I would consider it.

he should use Ati CCC. it will allow the fan to be set at a certain level. this is with the 8.10 catalyst drivers, which i just installed and the fan speed controller works fine.
if rivatuner doesnt retain his fan speed, he's doing something wrong (like not checking the "Apply fan seetings at Windows startup" box). rivatuner has always worked the fan speed. i just like to do as much as possible with the same utility.

I was just at his place and rivatuner was working fine. Funny you brought this up just now.

So is this 4850 x2 better then the 260 216 from nvidia? There is only one review on this card from newegg...odd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom