Bought my i7-920 and ASUS P6T

Status
Not open for further replies.
ape4life just pick up an EVGA or BFG gpu, and step up when the refresh comes out, there is no sence in waiting or you will be waiting for ever, as everytime something is released something better is sitting just past the horizon.

I am only using stock until I can get my hands on something else, not really worried about it as I won't be stuck with it forever.

As for the GPU, i have a spare 8600GTS right now, bought it for $60 - 40$ rebate = $20. Here's my question, EVGA lists the card for 79.99, If i step up, do they take the 79.99 value, 60, or 20 dollar value? I'm not the wait forever type, if the refresh doesn't come, it'll be a GTX280 or 4870X2 for me.

Haha im hoping so, that way my 8600gts would be worth $80!!! I'm all for a balanced PC, this gpu is just temporary....and then next upgrade, SSD's in RAID 0!

yes you can step up your evga 8600gts for the ammoutn you purchased it if i where you id step up to the gtx280, and if anything is released step up to it, or in any case down, i remeber veed doing a step down or something trading in a more expensive gpu for a cheaper but more powerfull one, i think it might have been a gts320 to a 8800gt 512mb. wait no now i am certain that is what it was.

Haha im hoping so, that way my 8600gts would be worth $80!!! I'm all for a balanced PC, this gpu is just temporary....and then next upgrade, SSD's in RAID 0!

I saw a boot up w/ SSD in raid0 on you tube. Its faster than the speed of sound. It already loaded up to the desktop by the time the welcome sound started lol

SSDs are absolutely amazing... the seek time on them is usually under 1ms!! I'm thinking i might get one of the OCZ Core 32GB ones just to run the OS off, they're actually kinda afforable as SSDs go... only about AU$200 for 32GB! at that price you might as well grab 2! lol

better get some nice reviews up!!! spending my time/money waiting for this thing..it better be worth it> socket 775.

anyone got any news on additional coolers? i've only seen like 1 and then hearing stuff about a few companies coming out with brackets for socket 775 coolers to fit with core i7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom