Antec 300 case project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah my bad. If you just submerge the machine in an oil and let it passively cool then your benefit wont be that great. You need a system to pump through fresh coolant and recycle it. Like a water system of phase change. In fact all active cooling systems except for DICE and LN2 involve some form of "loop" of coolant. Even air cooling, your replacing the hot air with cool air in a continuous cycle, just not a closed one.

The issue with these sumerged coolant pc's is that you wind up cooling things that have an enormous heat dump but are perfectly alright running at 100C.

Note the voltage regulators on graphics cards and motherboards.

Do they run extremely hot? Yes but their high temps are well within operational limits and as such don't need to be actively cooled.

With a submerged oil pc your cooling things you dont need to, and as a result your getting a lot of heat dump into the system that isn't beneficial o performance.

Because water cooling focuses on just the parts that matter. (CPU/GPU cores, Mosfets, NB, Southbridge) It is able to focus all it's cooling power on those parts.

Plus looking at the radiator in the reactor that looks to have about the surface area of a single 3x120 rad. And they are cooling a quad, 3 gpus's and every single other thing that produces heat with it.

For the same price as the reactor I could build a Mountain mods ascension duality build with two full pc's inside and a thousand dollar water cooling setup.

could always just go ghetto and fill a big rubbermaid container with mineral oil and chuck your mobo in there, then pump the oil through a homemade chiller... probably build the whole thing (including the pc inside) for half the price of the reactor, with better cooling performance (a decent chiller could probably output the oil at around -50)

Installed front intake, bezel, 5.25 bay covers, it's lookin real tasty folks.

Antec_300_threehundred_mnpctech.com9s.jpg

Antec_300_threehundred_mnpctech.com9t.jpg

Antec_300_threehundred_mnpctech.com9u.jpg

Antec_300_threehundred_mnpctech.com9v.jpg

Heres the clear acrylic top panel w/o 2x 120mm Yate Loon led fans installed. The pearl white really helps spread the illumination throughout the chassis.

Antec_300_threehundred_mnpctech.com9z.jpg

Antec_300_threehundred_mnpctech.com9y.jpg

The Zalman MFC1 fan controller is installed. I had to make extension brackets so the faceplate was flush with the billet 5.35 bay covers. I found some blue anodize machined screws for mounting it (nice!)
Antec_300_threehundred_mnpctech.com9z2.jpg

Antec_300_threehundred_mnpctech.com9z3.jpg

Anodized Blue machine screws
Antec_300_threehundred_mnpctech.com9z4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom