Help me reach 3.6 GHz with my Q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did that and used 1.475 but still BSOD but it let me run the test for like 20 secs temps got really high 77C. I guess the AC F7 doesnt cut it, or my chip isnt good enough, or this intel burn test is owning me hard.

yea ac f7's arnt the best, they were a good budget cooler b4 the ximatek came out, which is alot better and in the same price range. also newer q6600's really arnt that good for overclocking

I did that and used 1.475 but still BSOD but it let me run the test for like 20 secs temps got really high 77C. I guess the AC F7 doesnt cut it, or my chip isnt good enough, or this intel burn test is owning me hard.

I don't think you're gonna get any farther. You're at a good OC already, but I think that's the limit.

So i got bad news I tried 1.42 vcore do the burn test BSOD, i try again at 1.45 vcore BSOD again.. any suggestions? While my cores were at 100% load for the 10 seconds before i got BSOD temps were 67C across all 4 cores, do you guys think Load Line Calibration has something to do with this or maybe my RAM? I loosen up the timings to 5-5-5-15

i doubt its your RAM... most DIMMs can do 5-5-5-15 at 1066MHz (so long as its not like valueram or something)... loadline calibration is so annoying, and a likely source of issues (probable because you only get 10 seconds at load and your temps are well within operating range)... it strains the pulse width modulation circuit and screws with the corrective feedback loop, which in turn causes jitter in the differential amplifier circuit, distorting the clock signal... you can correct this jitter using clock skew, but it'll be very difficult to get accurate enough to achieve good stability at high voltages... instead, just disable LLC and put a bit more voltage through (you might need 50-150ps on the MCH and 50-100ps on the cpu... start high and decrease until unstable), it'll increase your idle temps a bit, but load temps shouldn't vary too much, as this is where the droop occurs

i'd imagine it should be near those GTLVREF voltage settings cuz its pretty closely related... but its not there (obviously)... actually, i just checked out a bunch more BIOS pics and "Spread Spectrum" works in much the same capacity as clock skew... what options are available?? i'm guessing this is gonna be a fairly complex setting that's gonna need a lot of fiddling if you dont know exactly what's goin on

yeah just hit up some photos that show the options you get for CPU and FSB, because i havent been able to find that anywhere... should help you get a bit more stable... what are your CPU temps lookin like at load nos?

oh god! thats seriously pushin it! have you lapped the chip?? get all that nickel off and the temps should come down a few degrees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom