Good card for $120 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
but you cant crossfire on a nvidia chipset. advantage for nvidia. and show me where a non volt modded 4850 can hit 860mhz core

i have had no problems with my 680i, and now my 780i

until someone has tried an Nvidia chipset ... i find the arguement as rubbish...

i have overclocked 2 q6600's and a q6700.. along with a qx6850 all to 4.0+ ghz without a problem.. and even managed 470fsb on a quad with the 680i....

all this nvidia chipset crap annoys me.. the 780i was a hit.. and the 790i FTW digital pwm is even doing 600+ fsb!!!!

solets please drop the nvidia chipsets sucking... and intel chipsets being the only overclockers

the 780iftw and 790i ftw are AWESOME boards... and i LOVE my 780i

and i'm by no means a fanboy, and owned a x38, 2 p35's, a p45, and a 975x

I agree that there are some good sli boards, mainly the evga FTW series, I just think they are overpriced. You can get a Biostar TP45HP for $110 and you would have to spend quite a bit more to get a sli board that will equal it's overclocking performance.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.... 790i ftw and ftw digital pwm are amazing motherboards.... and all nvidias mobos are known for working wonders with memory overclocking

the 790i's only problem was with video corruption, which has been fixed...

i would take a 790i ultra/ftw/ftw d pwm over my 780i anyday... they have much better vdroop control, and can handle high fsb much better

take a look at xtreme systems and what people can do with 790i's... amazing results if you ask me

and to puddle jumper.... that goes for any high end motherboard (all nvidia 7 series mobo's are high end...)

rampage formula's and all that good stuff... are all 250+ dollars and all overclock about evenly with the TP45

that board just happens to be cheap and work wonders.. excellent board.. i loved it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom