Good card for $120 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with ricanflow. I remember back then when we all suggested everyone to get G92 core like the 8600 , 8800GT, 8800GTS, etc... I wouldn't stop getting another GTX 260 216 and 750i SLI FTW is a cheaper board than the X38/X48 boards so it costs less to with a 16x/16x solution. We need to recommend some NVIDIA cards so ATI can have some competition and we will see more price drops.

You don't see all those who bought it complaining that they have issues with them. I don't even see 1% that we recommend it come back here and make a thread about it.

Dude I recommend the 9600 GSO's over the 4670's all the time. Because its the better card for the price. Even 9600 GT's if they are in the same price range.

But once you hit $120+ its all about ATI. Even then the GTX 260 (216 Cores) get recommended quite a bit. No one recommends for the sake of the company, but the performance of the card.

shoot i have had my 9800gtx up to core: 860mhz shader: 2150 mem: 1230
and i havent herd of any faulty g92 cards. y'all act like the 4XXX series is the best thing since sliced bread.

Updates to Catalyst allow fan control on the 4800 series right now.
So over heating is no longer really an issue.

But you have a point the 9800 GTX+ is a sweet card as well. Nvidia has some AWESOME deals, it just so happens ATI seems to offer better deals as of right now.

Just looking at newegg I would say the 9800gtx+ is currently overpriced. I won't recommend them unless they cost the same or less than the 4850.

Just looking at newegg I would say the 9800gtx+ is overpriced. I won't recommend them unless they cost the same or less than the 4850.

So your saying you would recommend a 4850 if a person has a 750i FTW and a 9800GTX+?

It really depends on what your going to do with the card and what board you got.

you can't overclock a 4850 as high as a9800gtx+... take both of them to their highest oc and i think the gtx takes the win... both of my 4850's only seemed to like 700mhz ( if that)... after u need avoltmod... 4850 ftl in my book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom