my first pc build page with pics, pitch in guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

v8killaz

In Runtime
so after playing games on my crappy pc, i decided i needed to build a better pc. So i did some research and figured out i wanted a moderate computer with a $500 budget. I just want to be able to play all the newer games on good settings.

So far I bought most of my stuff except some parts.
hers a list of what i got-

ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
Newegg.com - ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

RAIDMAX AZTEC ATX-619WB Black/ Silver 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case
Newegg.com - RAIDMAX AZTEC ATX-619WB Black/ Silver 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case - Computer Cases

dell 17" screen

CORSAIR XMS2 DDR2 800MHZ 1024MB X 2

i have two vid cards but need to know which one is better so i can sell the 2nd one
1st-PNY GeForce 9600 GT Video Card - 512MB GDDR3
PNY GeForce 9600 GT Video Card - 512MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, Video Card VCG96512GXPB at TigerDirect.com
2nd-BFG Tech BFGR7950512GTOCE GeForce 7950GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3
Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFGR7950512GTOCE GeForce 7950GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported OC Edition Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

OCZ GameXStream OCZ600GXSSLI 600W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply
Newegg.com - OCZ GameXStream OCZ600GXSSLI 600W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler
Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

so thats basically what i have, dont know much about how good it is but thats why im asking.

The other stuff i need are cd/dvd drive, harddrive, cpu, and os. I think thats it but I will have to check later.

QUESTIONS-
So i have an idea about the other stuff to get but dont know which cpu and os so get. I wanted a amd 5400 brisbane 2.8ghz but need advice if i should get it.

Also i have no idea how to overclock, but what should I expect to gain overclocking. Should i try it or should i just let someone else do it for me.

could i be able to play crysis with this setup.

should i get two vid cards and connect via sli or wait to get one newer one.

I also need to know to know if going dvi to vga will be bad, and if my moniter is good. its a dell 17" model # e173fpc
I want to use my vid card to its potential

so thats my $500 setup and heres some pics

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

case is massive and scary. But it does the job, I can take it apart with no screwdriver and its very stable, great case

the 5400 is a good chip, 90% of the people reviewing on newegg got their chip to 3.2ghz (one crazy guy said 3.94ghz max, but i dont believe it untill i see a screen shot)

Get the black edition! its actually 5 dollars cheaper than the normal on Newegg right now.

shoot for 3.2ghz by increasing the multi to 16x instead of 14x

(dont let someone else overclock, you'll never learn anything that way, just keep an eye on your temps with Coretemp)

If you just want a stable gaming platform the 5400 will be fine, (dont buy the 5800, 6000, or 6400, because you can easily overclock the 5400 to those speeds)

the 7950 is most likely going to be slightly faster than the 9600, but the 9600 has better dx10 support, and more eye candy.

i'll let someone else answer on which video cards to get.

and yes, if you get a good video card (radeon HD4850, geforce 8800, geforce 9800, radeon hd3870, geforce 7950) you will be able to play crysis with high quality and decent framerate.

(the corsair XMS2 ram isnt the best, but its far from the worst, i recommend Gskill,)

Nice case=) its pretty, make sure you manage the cables well during installation so you can keep good airflow, and that Rifle cooler is one of the best Air coolers, so your fine in that department.

You will be very happy with the system, and you'll be able to play any game out (with medium settings, or above)

thanks alot, well I will probaly get the 5400 then.
I guess ive done enough research as ive picked some good parts.
I still want to know if I should get two 7950's or 9600's

about the case, you cant be a screwless case with 4 fans for $50 shipped

the 7950 is probably going to be faster, the 9600 has better eye candy, im not sure honestly.

If i were you, i would get the 9600s

just my opinion.

But if you already own a 7950, try them out, swap them out in the master/slave PCI-E slots and see which one performs better

the 7950 is probably going to be faster, the 9600 has better eye candy, im not sure honestly.

If i were you, i would get the 9600s

just my opinion.

But if you already own a 7950, try them out, swap them out in the master/slave PCI-E slots and see which one performs better
good idea, deff. going to try it out once the other one arrives and my pc is running

Hi,

Sorry If you felt ignore for any reason

here is what I've gathered so far,
9600gt is BETTER than a 7950gt
that monitor is bad, DO NOT GET
1 single powerful card is better than 2 cards

as to what to look for when buying a monitor,
http://www.techist.com/forums/f78/your-lcd-monitor-you-189571/
I'd recommend a 20" widescreen or 22" if your budget allows

stick with ONE 9600gt for now, and save for better cards later
here is what you can expect from a single 9600gt in crysis
XFX 9600 GT 512MB Review » Page 6 - Testing: Crysis

OS, get either Vista or XP your preference, I prefer Vista
or free = Linux

Saying the 9600gt is better is an understatement. It is easily twice as fast he the 7950gt.

heh
can't wait for cards that are twice as fast as the gtx 280 huh :p

that Samsung is much better.
but question, why aren't you looking at newegg.com? usually best prices around
either that or your local B&M store, sometimes have good sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom