Antec 300 case project

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW and they are super-over priced too it's like $5000 for a setup that would cost around $1500-1700. gotta love their $130 asking price for vista when you can go to microcenter and get it for $70

case is looking great :] i love how you can turn an low-end case into a beautiful work of art..can't wait to see the finished product

What is it submerged in? It can't be water and i hope its not Mineral oil.

It can actually be water.

Pure distilled does not conduct electricity. However keeping it pure is harder than ****.

Usually it's some form of oil. Unless they are using some of the exotic fluids 3M makes which cost something like $400 a gallon.

They have some pretty interesting stuff going on in there. Custom Motherboard with horizontal PCI-E slots.

Custom power supply.

I'm impressed.

However...

Is it practical? No
Is it cheap? No
Will it outperform a high end water cooling loop? No

The way I see it, this might be a cool toy for all you millionaires out there, but for your average or even enthusiast computer user, 100% useless.

You mean submerging the entire thing will not keep the system cooler than a high end water loop setup? I find that hard to believe, but then again, we have yet to see benchmarks on what this can do, and i've never messed with a high performance water loop (which I assume to build a setup using a high performance water loop would be getting you considerably closer to $3000-4000+ anyways).

Well depending on how you submerge it, yes it should keep it cooler. What i was saying was, PRACTICAL pure H20 (which does not corrode metal and does no conduct electricity) is impossible, so water as a submersion liquid is a no no.

Well depending on how you submerge it, yes it should keep it cooler. What i was saying was, PRACTICAL pure H20 (which does not corrode metal and does no conduct electricity) is impossible, so water as a submersion liquid is a no no.

Wasn't commenting on anything to do with water submersion. I already know they are using some synthetic oil solution. I was merely replying to Aspire's post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom