Bought my i7-920 and ASUS P6T

Status
Not open for further replies.

AP4LIFETN

Daemon Poster
Both were bought from ebay with them saying they'll ship before release date.

Paying $680 for both (overpriced yes)...Hopefully they'll be here before next weekend. Add in $400 for 6GB DDR3-1600 and 2x Spinpoints 320GB, and its an expensive upgrade.

oh yea, 25% cashback on the cpu + mobo should help out if i get it. Reason I made thread here is because this will be my build log once it arrives.

I've talked to a few peeps at XS and most are telling me its not really worth it unless your into real high end stuff. It made me second guess my decision so these benches will help

haha i can probably only do CPU benches, ill be living with my 8600GTS for awhile to see if the refreshes for both ati/nv come out.

well i've been wanting a 2nd rig anyway... i'm just having a hard time deciding if i really need 2 high end rigs.. lol

Wow.. you want two high end rigs?

I've got only 1 Mid-Range one :( (well right now its low end with the HD 3200.. but my new partner in crime should change that)

I need to upgrade my rig some

that should be a sweet build! if you get some good cooling on that 920 you should get some pretty big OCs... people have hit 4.5GHz on air with that thing... its not gonna be a really noticable difference from the yorkies tho, cept in multithreaded benchmarks... but its something you can brag about lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom