Antec Vs. The new Guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see an XTX coming out.. I mean they have an HD 4870 competing with a GTX 260, HD 4850 for 9800GTX(+), HD 4870X2/4850X2 for the GTX 280

what about GTX270? 55nm of GTX260, should provide for higher clock speeds. That should beat the HD4870, so a HD 4890 might be the answer to that.

Umm airplanes don't have a "glass" skin. its just aluminum. You are probably thinking about the windscreens which may or may not be rated for bird strikes.

Glass is a very heavy, rigid, and brittle material. Totally unsuited for aircraft. In the aricraft you tend to see aluminum, zinc, nickel, and titanium. Steel is simply Iron with a high concentration of carbon and it too heavy to be used in any large amount on an aircraft.

They use fibre glass which is flexible and extremely strong and aluminium as the stiffening agent, I watch the discovery channel way too much to get this wrong!! Why do you think they invented the chicken cannon to test materials against birdstrikes. Birds don't just hit the windscreen they have the potential to hit any point on the aricraft so all of it needs to be reinforced just incase...

From an aircraft journal
"Today's fibers (glass, nylon, Kevlar, carbon, whiskers or single crystal fibers of various chemical composition) are very strong, thus the structure becomes very light. The drawback is very little stiffness. The structure needs stiffening which is achieved either by the usual discreet stiffeners, -or more elegantly with a sandwich structure: two layers of thin uni- or bi-directional fibers are held apart by a lightweight core (foam or "honeycomb"). This allows the designer to achieve the required inertia or stiffness.

From an engineering standpoint, this method is very attractive and supported by many authorities because it allows new developments which are required in case of war. (The U.S. having no titanium or chromium needs to develop practical alternatives.)"

I don't think that's gonna happen. They just released the 4850 X2 as well, which isn't much more expensive than a 55nm GTX260 would be.

It was only sapphire that did this, ati isn't making reference PCBS for this...similar to how asus released the 3850X2...ATI is planning a refresh

They use fibre glass which is flexible and extremely strong and aluminium as the stiffening agent, I watch the discovery channel way too much to get this wrong!! Why do you think they invented the chicken cannon to test materials against birdstrikes. Birds don't just hit the windscreen they have the potential to hit any point on the aricraft so all of it needs to be reinforced just incase...

From an aircraft journal
"Today's fibers (glass, nylon, Kevlar, carbon, whiskers or single crystal fibers of various chemical composition) are very strong, thus the structure becomes very light. The drawback is very little stiffness. The structure needs stiffening which is achieved either by the usual discreet stiffeners, -or more elegantly with a sandwich structure: two layers of thin uni- or bi-directional fibers are held apart by a lightweight core (foam or "honeycomb"). This allows the designer to achieve the required inertia or stiffness.

From an engineering standpoint, this method is very attractive and supported by many authorities because it allows new developments which are required in case of war. (The U.S. having no titanium or chromium needs to develop practical alternatives.)"

Yes the reinforce the airplane, but that's on the inside. Most aircraft tend to have a completely aluminum exterior. The outermost layer is aluminum. The way you phrased your post made it seem as though they cover an aircraft in glass.

I don't think that's gonna happen. They just released the 4850 X2 as well, which isn't much more expensive than a 55nm GTX260 would be.

the 4850x2 i imagine would be 350 dollars.. thats 100 dollars more than a gtx260

i don't see them in any way pricing this the same as a gtx 260 because then they would lose all sales on 4870's... and look at the 4870x2.. it costs a tad more than 2 4870's.. at least upon release, i dunno about now

Ive never seen a Lian-Li at a
Led's everywhere and all those over the top gamer cases scream tacky to me....i prefer the clean cut professional look...

Very true. As far as just looks, I could not be happier with my Lian LI. It doesn't look like some teenage WOW player computer (no offense just not my taste in cases)

From the front and far away they look unique, but it really isn't until you actually get to see the case up front and work with it that you appreciate the ease of use and excellent craftsmanship

Yes the reinforce the airplane, but that's on the inside. Most aircraft tend to have a completely aluminum exterior. The outermost layer is aluminum. The way you phrased your post made it seem as though they cover an aircraft in glass.

It depends sometimes its on the outside sometimes on the inside sometimes layered but like a kevlar vest it absorbs the impact so that the aluminium doesn't tear. Essentially fibre glass is just glass but xtremely small strands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom