Computer won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

czechmpls

Beta member
Yesterday I upgraded my video card to Nvidia 9600GT. I got home and put the card in, everything loaded fine but a message came up and said I needed a bigger power supply and the card will be running in low performance. I was using a 375W max power supply, so I went out and bought 500W power supply. I installed the new power supply, plugged everything in as it was with the old power supply. I went to turn on the computer, everything was running - fan on the video card, power supply fan, heat sink fan... but no video to the monitor or no beep when you first start your computer. I called BFG, the maker of the video card and ran through different remedies. Took off the heat sink and CPU, plugged in the old power supply... still nothing. He thinks it may have something to do with the mother board. I should be getting the initial beep when you start the computer.

Can anyone help me out here?

I am running Vista, 2gigs of ram ddr2 800mhz, AMD processor dual core, 500W power supply, Nvidia 9600GT video card.

Could be that the system doesnt have the right drivers. Did you remove the old driver before you installed the new video card? Did you plug in the power plug for the video card if it has one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom