is my motherboard or my prossessor fried? help would be VERY apritiated

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunchticket

Beta member
hi folks

i am not a retard when it comes to computers. i have built several systems but i would like some opinions. i was stupid enough to put a 800w power supply into my high powered machine (6gig processor,4gig ocz platinum ram,sli 9800 gx2 graphics cards,) and soon enough there was a loud explosion and my power supply blew up so i went i bought a new power supply a 1000w this time installed it turned the computer on all the fans and everything was working fine hardware wise. but nothing AT ALL appeared on my monitor i have tryed different cables and monitors but still nothing. i have come to the conclusion that my power supply shorted out something but what. i don't want to go racing off to buy something like a motherboared when it is not broken

PS. i know it is not the graphics cards because i also tested my on-board graphics

any help would be great

6gig processor
sure you know what you're talking about? ohhh yea, anyway....that system could probably run on a good 650watt psu btw....

sounds like it killed your mobo...if it was anything else it would at least post

Ya there are no 6 gig processors, or even 6 gigahertz processors.

You should be getting an error beep at startup. If you aren't ensure you have the case speaker connected to the MB or connect one yourself. If you still aren't getting an error code beep more than likely your MB is fried.

1000 watt is rediculously over doing it. You probably could have done fine with 650 or so.

sorry it is dual core intel 3gig each

and there is no warning beeps at start up

ps: nvidia recommends a min of 1000w for sli cards plus im running antec 12 hundred and lights antec have like 7 fans

you can run sli 8800gt's with a 380watt psu, someone on this forum is doing it :p so 1000watt is no where near recommended lol

i still stand on my opinion..it's the mobo or it'd at least post...PSU probably crapped out and took a few things with it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom