I Need YOUR advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Aright here in about a week I'm gonna get a new 2400+ XP-M processor. I have a 420w power supply right now, but I don't even know the brand name cause it came with the case and its generic plus only has a 15a +12v rail. Sooooo its down to the following two contestants:

Thermaltake:
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=370465

560w - comes with SATA connectors, sleeved wires, 22a +12v Rail , 2 fans, Active PFC

Ultra:
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=273001

...Shiney....=P...I like the modular connections, 500w is nice plus has a 34a +12v rail! and although out of stock at the moment they will provide free sata cables in this case cause they normally aren't included. Zipzoomfly is the only place that carries ultra, newegg, svc, or xoxide don't have it, but they all got thermaltake which makes me wonder who the bigger leader in the industry is. Anyone have any suggestions. And please don't say 'buy that its cheaper by 2 dollars' cause the price isn't the issue and neither is the extra 60w from the thermaltake. Thanks in advice for help =)

Thermalake is what I would go with not just for the extra power I think they are stable more then ultra and I think they ahve a better warrenty.

One the other hand I got a 2500+ barton for about 99.00 you could probably get a 2600 - 2800 for about 150.00 which woulbe about a 2.0 to a 2.1 the 2500 is only about 1.83GHz

Wow! Thanks a lot grim! Yes I am a bargain shopper too I just have never heard of that site. I usually go through the whole checkout process just to see which is more after shipping and taxes etc.... =P newegg is like $120 after taxes and shipping, zipzoomfly is like $118 after shipping.

One the other hand I got a 2500+ barton for about 99.00 you could probably get a 2600 - 2800 for about 150.00 which woulbe about a 2.0 to a 2.1 the 2500 is only about 1.83GHz

I'm getting the 2400+ XP-M and I'm gonna overclock it to 3200+ speeds =) the 2400+ XP-M has lower wattage, more heat resistance and should stay cooler than the 2500+ and I'll be able to get it more overclocked all for $90 =)

THanks for the advice all. I was leaning towards thermaltake anyway, they seem like they've placed their mark in the market better than ultra

Zipzoomfly.com is awsome. I bought a few parts from them. They have free 2 day air shipping on all their products.

yeah not ALL their products. The ultra power supply doesnt have the free 2nd day shipping but the thermaltake does. Its all marketing ploy though. Zipzoomfly looks like it sometimes has higher prices, but they have free 2nd day shipping, newegg looks like they have the lower prices, but then they slam you with shipping...so thats why I go allllll the way through the checkout process right up until you give them your card to see what it'd be after shipping and taxes...generally its only a couple dollars, but with the link grim gopher gave me I'll save like 20!! Thanks again man!

Yea about my advise I don't over clock I just don't find the opition of overclocking and then having to replcae it 6 months to 1 year later a viable opition - maybe I wrong but your welcome to change my mind..

If I buy a comuter I want it to last so I can just update what is required when a new game comes out..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom