Red Alert 3 Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh I see I see. I probably should have played a bit more before assing judgement on it.

I still don't like the grid, because im used to having it face wherever I please, but that's neat how they have it set up. All 3 sides do it differently.

It's not all bad I guess. Grid still sucks, but whatever. it's a minor thing anyway.
More I play the game the more I like it. I'd pay for it, if it wasn't made by EA. I'm busy spiting them.

IF they ever get rid of the yellow lines, I might consider buying it. Multiplayer would be cool.

just to expand on how the Empire of the rising sun builds, basically with them you build a building, which builds in four seconds no matter what(well basically all of them, some are 5 seconds), this causes a "core" to come out of your con yard. You can then tell this vehicle to unpack into the building anywhere on the map so you have no restrictions with these guys, this includes base defences so you can, if your quick, set up turrets and the like near your enemies base. However compared buildings it takes a while for turrets to unpack.

Still don't like this lack of a turning circle.. step back from C&C3.

So you can build anywhere? I remember playing the tutorial and thinking "Hey I bet I can build anywhere" but when I tried, it wouldn't even let me send them that far.

I dunno. I went into this game with a LOT of critisism before hand.

but honestly, I love it.

it's really fun. I havent seen Any bugs, except for my boat got stuck on the water once. And some of the pathfinding AI could be improved.
Other than that theres quirks to get used to, liek the 90 degree turning mentioned above, purely aesthetic. The yellow line does suck, bottom line. BUT I've gotten used to it enough that it doesn't really bother me.

Couple nice points, all the women in the cinematics are quite good looking, LoL.
And the sountrack Rocks.
just started the allied campaign, and the musical score Really makes you want to blow stuff up. Some pretty heavy rock Lol. i was like huh!?

The only faults I can think of, is there could be more unit choices. They're quite limited, even compared to the old red alert games. used to have light, medium, heavy and mammoth tanks, as well as anti infintry, and apc's etc.
now theres only normal, and mammoth. and anti infantry. The AA is also the troop carrier etc.
Just needs a bit more variety.

overall great game. screw the reviews. And I take back most of what I said above LOL. it's come a long ways since beta.

Looks like their hasn't been a decent EA RTS release since Zero Hour :(

exactly

Only problem is ZH is too buggy with multiplayer. I'm either getting too old for games or they are not improving as much as they could as far as gameplay.

exactly

Only problem is ZH is too buggy with multiplayer. I'm either getting too old for games or they are not improving as much as they could as far as gameplay.

Zero hour was also one of the biggest imbalanced RTS expansion packs of all time, Chinese infantry general is virtually banned from all tournaments

Zero hour was also one of the biggest imbalanced RTS expansion packs of all time, Chinese infantry general is virtually banned from all tournaments

I know what you mean..When I played we always banned auroras.

I have Red Alert 3 and the girls from the soviet + alliance ( haven't played imperial yet) are really hot! The game is more like a mini-game type of deal; its not too serious. Just think mario party except in RTS form. The units are a joke, which is pretty funny which makes this game pretty cool.

Hmm that's exactly what turns me off the game... I love the simulation of realistic warfare. Which probably explains why I prefer bf2 over crysis. Modern games have amazing graphics potential but lack the gameplay that oldish games had.. Well, to me anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom