amd 5000+ vs 5600+

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll push 1.6v through it before i give up

i've seen my Toledo with 1.46v , so im thinking it will handle 1.5v

=) we shall see, Tuesday......

tuesday....

Come Monday I m pushing my 4800+ to 3.2ghz. I'll probably up the voltage a little (1.4V) in order to get it stable. But it boots at 3.2 right now, even though I have a CRAP board. Maybe I got a good chip?

I don't think your 3800+ will go past 3.1ghz, but that's just my opinion.

Come Monday I m pushing my 4800+ to 3.2ghz. I'll probably up the voltage a little (1.4V) in order to get it stable. But it boots at 3.2 right now, even though I have a CRAP board. Maybe I got a good chip?

I don't think your 3800+ will go past 3.1ghz, but that's just my opinion.

Just cause the board was cheap doesnt mean its crap.

It just showed you it can oc...so its pretty good id think.

Just cause the board was cheap doesnt mean its crap.

It just showed you it can oc...so its pretty good id think.

Rican it was a Full ATX sized board at $50. Yeah it was cheap and lasted me a good 6 months? But I wanted a board with CrossFireX capabilities and Phenom support. Think I'll just swap it out with my other Motherboard come Monday.

I was running mine at 3.26 on my evga 590, no issues, at full load it peaked around 50C, had the TRUE on it in the antec 900. nagasama, weren't you running yours at 3.3? I know i couldn't get past the 3.26, temps weren't the issue just wouldn't take it at any multiplier.

Have since scaled it down as it's in the folding rig right now and doesn't need to be that high.

yepper. i cant remember the exact voltage i had to use but i know it was close to 1.5V.

The 5000+ can push past 3ghz...just depends on what board and voltage
you push through it.

Dont bother with the 5600+.

ya that is true, always n i mean always go with the Black Edition if u plan on OCing the crap out of it lol.

The unlocked multi can, in some cases, help overclocking because you don't need really high FSB. Part of overclocking stability is how well the motherboard can handle increased FSB, so if you don't need to increase that, you take a component out of the equation.

Keep in mind that right around 3GHz, maybe 3.1GHz is gonna be the max for that chip.

mine is 3.3GHz, FSB is 236 :p.

3.25~ with a lot of voltage and a GOOD mobo.

yup he's right.

I was trying to go past 3.2 and even 1.4v wouldint boot so i said screw and went back down to 3.0ghz.

that sucks, try loosing the RAM, add a little more voltage to the north bridge.

1.6v.....umm i wouldint do that if i were you unless you want a fried chip.

well wouldnt that not matter if the processor is being properly cooled?

yepper. i cant remember the exact voltage i had to use but i know it was close to 1.5V.

me, 1.45v. It's at 1.52v to be more stable. Somehow, when im gaming, even after stressing the CPU through AMD Overdrive, the games sometimes freeze automatically n say (example) "Crysis Warhead has stopped working". I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM!

They can get to 3.4-3.5, if you have a good board and good cooling.
I got my 6000+ to 3510MHZ using 1.725V, and about 3450MHZ using about 1.55V (it's a 90nm Windsor, and I have watercooling)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom