Looking to upgrade CPU, need advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yorkfield has HiK, Deneb wont at first. And even then HiK acannot turn the tide. That is but a small part of a winning architecture. The way you make a good cpu is not some special features, but making everything work well with each other. Amd used to do that, but it seems they have forgotten. Historically die shrinks only bring about so much performance increase. We are talking 5% or so. You have to do more to make it faster. Benchmarks are showing Core i7 to be up to 20% faster than current quads, and twice as fast as AMD quads. When you add it up there is no logical way that a 45nm shrink will bring AMD on par with Intel. You can say time will tell as much as you want, but there is a point where logic comes in. They were able to predict Obama's victory. I think i can predict Core i7's/

You may have a point... it probably might come to going to the dark side though :) or Deneb.. but most likely I won't upgrade

Here I'll simply be waiting for the newer X4s coming out in Q1 2009 for a fast swapout of board, cpu, and memory. Since prices have come down quite a bit on memory alone the upgrade will see 4gb for running a 64bit edition of Windows 7 with a stock 3ghz Phenom X4 when the time comes.

lol wut, don't start messin with me. I;m talking about the freakin processor.

I was being a little sarcastic. :p But that's one word would a good number of different definitions like one star constellation if you are a night sky watcher or simply meaning tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom