Upgrading Video Card Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe now it comes down to whether or not FarCry2 comes with it for free :p. If the card is a bit better, and has a free game, I would end up spending the same for a cheaper card + the game anyway.

it's a very good card. that can hit amazing core speeds without a vmod. mine's at 860mhz. too scared to push it any further.

Yeaahh I wouldn't want to touch the voltage on the card. I only even messed with the cpu after doing a bunch of reading, I hardly increased the voltage on that at all anyway.

Cool, what do you have the memory clock and the shader at...?

mem wont go past about 1275mhz and the shader is at about 2300mhz. i'm shure it'll go higher but i dont want to push it. even though xfx covers overclocking in their warranty. i dont have a back up card either.

Okay, I'll use that as a rough estimate after I've used the card on stock for awhile. And yeah, I wanted to stick with xfx or evga since they cover overclocking.

i wonder if i can hit 1ghz on this baby. i think i'll need some mad cooling and a vmod to do it. i think i can hit 900mhz with no volt mod. i'll try later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom