Finally bought my new board Gigabyte EP45T Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
as do i... LLC really screws with the corrective feedback loop (if you have too much voltage through to begin with) which, in turn, wrecks havoc on the flux in the differential amplifier circuit (the CPU/PCIe one) and the resulting clock signal distortion absolutely slays your OC (especially) with the yorkies/wolfies

ok, sorry about that... i just wanted to feel smart for a second... lol

lol I didn't even get to install it. I still have my board and ram left. Ram I might keep because even in dual channel it seems to hit high bandwith. I started thinking(which rarely happens) and I was wondering if black friday would have some nice sales for nahalem. What do you guys think? I would hate to grab a board and cpu now and find out that there are some smoking sales to come.

Nos it looks like you can keep your pi rec.

at 5GHz a Bloomfield can do under 8 seconds for SPi... and you should be able to hit at least 4GHz with the 920/940 (probably go to around 4.5GHz on water)... so you can probably make under the 9 second mark with any Core i7 (disable HT of course)... seems a bit incredible to me, considering SPi is single thread and Core 2s seem to have more of what it likes... but the results dont lie (often)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom