Upgrading My Mobo! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viscin

Baseband Member
Hey Im looking to buy a new mobo but I cant seem to find a good one. Hoping for some help. I need a board with 2 pci-e 16x slots both doing 16x(no 8x/8x or 16x/0x) the 24 pin not in a bad spot, easy to set up and in a price range of 0-270$, good for overclocking and overall a good board. These are my computer specs atm, so tell me what you think i should get thank you.

Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI 700W ATX12V Power Supply 100 - 240 V - Retail
ASUS P5Q LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - Retail
OCZ SLI-Ready Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
EVGA 01G-P3-1280-AR GeForce GTX 280 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

go for a 750i or a 780i sli, if you plan to sli. because you can only do sli with a nvidia nb. if not then look at the x38/x48 mobo's

if you plan on doing sli then yes. but i think evga makes a FTW edition that has a couple of extras, but i think it's a little more expensive.

Have you decided on nVidia Boards and GPU's?

I would not recommend a nVidia board, because they aren't as good compared to P45's.. plus you should not consider one unless you are definitely planning SLI

he said he want's a board that does 16x and 16x not 8x and 8x, but yes i know na card can fully saturate a x16 slot.

Well I asked because people aren't definitely planning it, its more there because I can do it if I want to..

But ya you are right.. check out the 780i FTW or something, but idk why people make a big deal about dual x16 because not many people can tell the difference in game

I might not go SLI right away but is there any P45 x38/x48s you can recommend because the one i have atm sucks. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom