Upgrading Video Card Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have not seen any 9800gtx+'s with one power connector. but vern is right you could get away with just a 9800gt at that res.

Ah, weird, the EVGA one I saw only has one on Newegg, unless the picture is different than the actual models. Okay, so more stream processors is generally only more useful for larger monitors, I'm assuming? Even with all the reading I've done, nothing seems to say what exactly everything does.

It annoys me that all the benchmark sites have ridiculously sized monitors, and don't seem to cater to the midrange stuff.

Edit, yeah I'm running at 1440x900, 19" widescreen, nothing that fancy.

they use large res's to put the cards to the test. and more mem is used for a bigger screen.

I know, but then when I'm on a completely different system, it does nothing for me :). I've been hard pressed to find any decent guides, soo I figured I'd come here, just one of the sites I've been looking at for awhile.

Even B-Stock doesn't have their G92 GTS' just G80's... they had them for like $90.. which were steals

Anything under $200, really. If the higher, more expensive cards do nothing for me because of the monitor, I won't worry about them. I don't plan on getting a monitor anytime soon. It'll be a long while until I upgrade the entire thing, so I just want a decent solution for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom