Need help using TV as monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes your card does support tv-out and yeah the people got the name right. The cable you need is an S-Video cable, you're TV has to be new enough to even have the s-video port on it. The port is black and round and I believe only have 4 pins in it with a 5th plastic thicker pin on the bottom to hold it inplace. You should just be able to plug it into the card, then into the TV just like you were plugging in a monitor except you'd have to go into your settings and adjust resolution and such. And like they said it'll look nasty probably =)

If the resolution is that bad then i'm really screwed. I need to find someway to get my display up to about 30 inches and not have bad resolution. Is there any other possible ways that arent to expensive.

whats the highest resolution your card can go up to? I'm only on a geforce2 MX 32mb card and I'm at a 1280x1024 resolution so surely that card of yours can get into I think its like 2045x???? something like that. Atleast try it on the TV.....haven't you ever had a class in highschool or lower if you're not in highschool =) where the teacher had it up on a screen? Same principle

Well this isn't a "real" solution but they have digital projectors for computers but they cost from $800-$3000 .

I think it can go up to 2048 x 1536. Im entering highschool this year so i never saw the TV as a monitor.

YES digital projectors the WAY TO GO. :D man they are the shit. ima get 1 for my bday
! i hope, hehe. I still cant find the cable, sry man, did u get it to work? its pretty straight forward

Finally i think i found my best solution. Im gonna get a HDTV Toshiba which is 35 inches and im gonna set my resolution to my highest. Thats my final solution. :D

psht if you haven't reached highschool you don't deserve such good toys! I hate you! =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom