I am buying a netbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

billenium

Baseband Member
But i am not sure which one i should get...

I looked at the ASUS eee pc 1000H which i really liked, but people said i can get better for the same price range...

I am looking for atleast an 80gb hard drive.

Slim is more important to me than length/width.

I'd rather have a 10" monitor than smaller because when you go smaller the keyboard starts to get... iffy.

I can go with XP or Linux. If i get XP, i'll just dual boot... If it is Linux, than it's fine. Which ever one saves me moeny!

Thank you!

(USA)

Yes, the 1000H is cheaper than the 100... but the 1000H has a bigger hard drive. and the 1000HA seems almost the same as the 1000H

Hello,

The Asus Eee PC 1000 is more expensive because it comes with a 40GB SSD hard drive.

The 1000H comes with a SATA hard drive (160GB in the newer variants, 80GB in the old stock).

The 1000HA also comes with a 160GB SATA hard drive, but it doesn't come with a 802.11n capable wireless card nor does it come with integrated bluetooth.

It's up to you which netbook to purchase, but personally I'd recommend getting an Eee PC 1000 or 1000H.

Okay, yes... I will now get the 1000H...

But the description of the 1000HA says:

# Networking: 54g Wi-Fi (802.11b/g), 10/100 Fast Ethernet

Which means it has wireless connectivity, yes?

Also, i doubt i will ever use bluetooth.

Just a heads up, I bought a 1000HA because I was worried about the 900HA's keyboard. I went to best buy to try out a 900HA, and immediately returned my 1000HA for a 900HA. The 900HA is surprisingly much, much smaller while the resolution is the same and the screen is about the same size. Here's the kicker though: I noticed no difference in typing on the two keyboards what-so-ever. They are both smaller than a standard and both require getting used to.

If you want small size, go with the 900HA which is only $350 with the same specs as the 1000HA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom