Best hard drive I can get for under 1k

Status
Not open for further replies.
More ram will allow me to run ramdisk. And go ahead and Itch me out I dont care. I have lots of extra money and I plan on spending it. Also Im not a kid i'm 27 and instead of putting me down why not just be happy about the fact that im getting a good pc. It just shows what kinda person you are.

Wow.. arrogant much...

We're trying to help you save money that you can put to better use and you say stuff like that..

If he has the money to spend, let him do it.

Wait a week tho, blow ur money on Core i7 instead of Core 2!!!

Yes I know, but some of the stuff is just plain unnecessary, like the Zalman Water Cooler.. A custom Petra's one can outmatch its temps..

The GTX 280 X3 could be dropped for 1 HD 4870X2 or 1 HD 4870X2 + HD 4870, He could drop the ToughPower for a Corsair 750tx, plus a Tri-Channel Kit DDR3, instead of AS5 he could get TX-2 which is cheaper and better..

That save's around $300

Perhaps he wants to tackle crysis at 2560x1600 with full settings.

while ur at it OP, get me 6GB of DDR3-1600 please :)

First off, if you want to spend a grand on hard drives, go buy 4 1.5TB drives and run them in a stripped raid. Will outperform any single drive regardless of anything.

DO NOT GET THAT ZALMAN WATER COOLING IT IS GARBAGE

Check out Petra's Tech Shop and check out their kits.

Again as everyone else has stated. Don't build an over the top computer. Just in putting it together and turning it on you've already lost like a grand...

More ram will allow me to run ramdisk. And go ahead and Itch me out I dont care. I have lots of extra money and I plan on spending it. Also Im not a kid i'm 27 and instead of putting me down why not just be happy about the fact that im getting a good pc. It just shows what kinda person you are.

Nobody is putting you down.

And age is irrelevant here. If i had a 250K settlement coming to me, yeah i would build me a nice computer around the $1500 mark and put some money into the bank, help out some family and if i don't already own a home buy one.

But wasting $4K or more on a pc just because you can is pretty stupid and not something an adult as you say you are would/should do.

SSD is the fastest down and out get two of them in raid0 if you think a raptor is fast you obviously haven't seen a pair of 120/130 (write/read speed mb/sec) in raid0 go at it everything is instant infact the Cpu becomes the bottleneck.
MSP-SATA7535-016 (Two in Raid0 = 32gb of storage) will give you the fastest hdd speed available not sure whether it comes under budget in the Us as I am in the Uk.

p.s. Before someone argues that ssd's are destroyed by windows paging file a) modern ssd drives are designed to not be damaged by this constant usage b) Disable the paging file and get loads of Ram as ram is cheaper then a £300 hdd

Right because he obviously needs to be able to write and read at high speed.

For the same price 4 1.5TB drives would provide almost as high a speed and give him 100 times more space...

Right because he obviously needs to be able to write and read at high speed.

For the same price 4 1.5TB drives would provide almost as high a speed and give him 100 times more space...

He has already stated he has loads of hdd's for space so following the title of the thread "Best hard drive I can get for under 1k" I gave examples of the fastest drives available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom