*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

=P LCDs are fine, im talking about CRTs

CRTs use those funky electron guns to spray the image on the screen

anyway it doesnt matter, move it around your CRT in some areas and you'll notice a little rainbow of colors following you.

(this is what the degauss feature was for, =)

shielded speakers wont cause a problem.

good point=) i spliced and modified these speakers from a 7.1 channel home theatre system to use on my computer with a 2000 watt sony amp along with 2x12" 3-ways
2x8" 3-ways

And they definitely werent designed to be used around CRTs, which probably explains my problem

Anyway back to the thread point..

I bought a Brisbane athlon x2 5400+ black edition (2.8ghz stock)
most people seem to be getting them to 3.2ghz at default voltage

my 3800+ @ 2.9ghz was able to get 32.453s superpi

im hoping that if i push this 5400+BE to the limit, i can get 29, or 28s

(i've noticed 100mhz = -1s give or take, with the 3800+.)

which gives me an estimated superpi time of 28s~ @ 3.2ghz

i'll post my results on Tuesday when i recieve the parts.

EDIT---

my previous best superpi time , Athlon x2 3800+ @ 2.9ghz - 32.453s STILL hasnt been added............

i know it was a good answer, thats why i asked if he was a scientist.
dude..28 seconds aint gonna happen at 3.2
i dont mean to be negative, but its not. if it does, i will eat my hat. (good thing its made of chocolate mmmmmmmm)

i want a chocolate hat...

=) i cant say for sure cause i dont have the cpu sitting in front of me,

but i'll push it till it pops if i have to, i want a 28s time

lol chocolate hat FTW
i wish you luck, but i think to get 28 seconds you are going to have to be in the 3.4-3.5 range. you could try massive cpu voltage and do a suicide run. i was never brave enough (or dumb enough depending on who you ask lol) to go above like 1.5, or maybe it was 1.6...or so with my 5000BE. it was just too hot. and it didnt make a difference...once it decided to stop at 3.3, it STOPPED ie nothing would make it go any farther.

not yet... im still at uni studying electrical engineering (helps out so much with OCing lol)

2000W amp and 2 12ies and 2 8ies! /me drools!

you can probably hit 29s... maybe just touch 28... it'll be high, but if you can get the memory and HDD nice and quick you might be able to do it... at 3.3 you should get high 28s for sure... but it cant really be sure, i've only had one AMD CPU in my life (what can i say... i havent been around too long)

I hit 27 seconds on 3.36ghz and i was getting 28s on 3.2. SO i reckon Rich could hit 28s with 3.2, 29s with 3.1 or so id say.

First attempt at Super-Pi and a very mild OC. For some reason CPU-Z and Everest don't read my cpu speed right, but in BIOS and System information say 3.36ghz.

what kinda HDD and RAM did you do that on?? seems like it woulda had to be pretty high quality to get low 27s at 3.36GHz... not sure tho... im not really down with AMD lol

Well if the RAM is high clocked it can give an extra Benefit for the AMD users due to the IMC (but not enough to compensate for the extra stuff that gives Intel their edge in SuperPI)

Back
Top Bottom