First Boot Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajete

In Runtime
Hey everyone, last night I setup my new system. I'm running a Phenom x4 2.60 on a geforce 8200 mobo, with a 9800 gt video card. I also have 4 GB of ddr2 dual channel 800mhz. I have everything connected... I started up the mobo, all fans turn on. I notice the green lights near the ram is on so I'm assuming that's working fine. I have a red light right under my video card, not sure what that means. I have my windows cd in the driver ready to rock n roll but it;s not sending out an image to my 22" acer. Any ideas?

first things first. check that ur 12v atx connector is in (near the cpu chipset). also wat psu are you running? check the amperage rating on the sticker located on the side of the unit.

i think the red light on your 9800gt means the 6 pin connector hasn't been plugged up properly, so check that those are connected, seems that the new nvidia cards have the red light instead of the old squel they used to have when the card has insufficient power.

first things first. check that ur 12v atx connector is in (near the cpu chipset). also wat psu are you running? check the amperage rating on the sticker located on the side of the unit.

i think the red light on your 9800gt means the 6 pin connector hasn't been plugged up properly, so check that those are connected, seems that the new nvidia cards have the red light instead of the old squel they used to have when the card has insufficient power.

Hmmm, I checked my connectors and they are all fastened in pretty tight. I have a 750 watt ultra psu.

Hmmm, I checked my connectors and they are all fastened in pretty tight. I have a 750 watt ultra psu.

It can't be the PSU because when I take off the 9800 from the PSU, i get no signal from the on board vga to my 22".

could it be that i need to run on a low res monitor or crt?

It can't be the PSU because when I take off the 9800 from the PSU, i get no signal from the on board vga to my 22".

could it be that i need to run on a low res monitor or crt?
no that wouldnt make a difference, it will just run at a default res such as 1280x1024 on ur monitor. try running just 1 stick of ram closest to the cpu this sumtimes works. the other thing i would say is try using a old x2 cpu if u got one, and make sure your mobbo supports ur x4 out of the box (im pretty sure it does)

no that wouldnt make a difference, it will just run at a default res such as 1280x1024 on ur monitor. try running just 1 stick of ram closest to the cpu this sumtimes works. the other thing i would say is try using a old x2 cpu if u got one, and make sure your mobbo supports ur x4 out of the box (im pretty sure it does)

Oh wow, i took off 1 stick and it started running. But it's only detecting 512mb of RAM. Is this normal until I install the OS?

try removing the video card completely and using the integrated GPU... if it boots and gives you a signal all good then you know one of 2 things is happening a) you've got a bung video card... RMA time, or b) its using the onboard VGA by default... you'll have to use the video off the IGP to get into windows, at which point you can enable hybrid SLI or just disable the IGP altogether

EDIT: beat me to the post... if it works with one stick in, try loosening your tRFC, tRRD and tRD (try 52-58, 4-7 and 8-11, respectively) and then sticking your 4GB in and running Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom