Finally bought my new board Gigabyte EP45T Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
GA has been my fav since i got one of their x38 boards... never gone with anyone else... the DFIs are usually a good board, but a bit complex for the average consumer, but if you know exactly whats going on (like thirdshift said, electrical engineers have an advantage here... so big up!!) you can get some great OCs outta them... the GA boards are alot easier to OC and have (in my experience) produced just about the same results, cept anyone can achieve them without being told exactly what to do

i think imma wait for the evga x58

i'm not too sure other boards will be offering the SLi bridge or not? and evga i'm sure will be pushing SLi more than any other company

is the sli bridge even neccessary when it is at a software level?

im pretty sure hw SLI will become a thing of the past under x58... but the native SLI support is absolutely excellent... eVGA's x58 SLI FTW will be the first nv certified x58 board and will support tri sli... looks like a pretty sweet design to me... definitely gonna become a favourite among enthusiasts

http://media.bestofmicro.com/B/M/165010/original/big_evga_x58_layout.jpg

oh yeah... almost forgot it has a custom droop control to minimise vdroop without any need for modding... now thats a first, and a feature that is gonna put this board on my wish list

so no more need for a sli brdge, i herd there is an asus board that does this, and some one tri sli'd 8800gt's would be cool if it enable tri sli with every card the way quad fire is available with the 3000 series and up.

It also supports crossfire right?

yep... they all support CF, but only nv certified boards (i think that means they use the nforce SB, so nv still gets a cut) will support SLI

there's a couple boards i know of over the years that have had that capability... never seen the need for a board that has that ability tho... coulda been useful, but i think an SLI/CF bridge works just fine...

oh yeah, nos, the x58 isn't gonna be what kills nv... the 5800 series will tho! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom