Monitor Stuck at 640x480, 4 bit color

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueSeven

In Runtime
i dont know what the heck is going on i just started my computer up after having it on standby and it had my regular 1280x1024 resolution and i noticed it was scrolling slowly (i think like when you dont have a video driver for a graphics card installed) so i checked the properties and it was stuck at that, i dont know what i touched but then it turned into this crappy resolution and bit color.

i tried doing something that the troubleshoot said (it was like driver update or something like that) but that didnt help. is my graphics card gone or what?

regards.

Did you try a full restart of the system? Often when coming out of standby or hibernation device drivers are still sitting there inactive and need reinitializing. Generally a full reboot will see all that cleared up.

yup, tried a full reboot...ill try completely turning off the computer (switching off the psu and such.)

didnt work...

What I meant there was when first seeing the problem prior to going for any update. Now you will have to remove all video drivers and software and see a full reboot before attempting to install the drivers and software fresh.

Sometimes it will take a few attempts to finally get Windows to wake up and redetect the card itself in order to see the drivers fully installed and made active. You see this more often with PCI type devices like sound and tuner cards however.

awesome, i got the reg resolution now, just going to install the video drivers, thanks a bunch

Remember what you just did there for any problems like this that come up with any expansion card whether video, sound, tv tuner/capture, and other addon devices. Sometimes all it takes is ringing an alarm clock to wake Windows up a little. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom