Antec Vs. The new Guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
beauty is in the eye of the beholder people

In my view, the lian cases are on one opposite side of the spectrum, dull standard looking cases ( not to mention pricey )

on the other end of the spectrum are these wild gundam looking cases made by RAIDMAX or whatever and filled with disposable plastic. It honestly feels like I can punch a hole right through the side.

thermaltake armor cases and most NZXT cases are somewhere in between, they look unique but retain the sturdy solid feel ( heck my thermaltake case steel varient weights 38 lbs! ) and can still be considered relatively conservative looking when compared to the ridiculous gundam cases

@Zmatt, I too have taken off the tooless plastic clippings, its nice of them to offer the option, but I don't think any serious builder really uses them

IMO Alien Ware cases are fugly. Cheap plastic, and when you add all of that "styling" the case gets harder to use. I have worked with many cases that have odd plastic molding on top of the cheap steel box frame and it made things only harder to work with. I also think most tool less designs are inherently crummy and tend to fail after use. My case has tool less clips for the card slots and the drive bays. The drive bays work ok but the card slot clip has failed and I have gone back to screwing may cards in. I simply cant trust a flimsy peice of cheap metal to support my 4850 with an acellero on it.

I don't know why Ric0h or most other people have such love for those crappy plastic fugly things

i would like to add on that abs is not new... abs has incredibly high end products.... including psu's and cases... along with high end computer builds

abs also owns the company tagan... whom also makes high end parts....

epower (my psu company) is owned by abs... and is a replica if one of their high end psu's.... i love my abs :) lol

Yes I can it looks cheap, the front is way to bulky for the needs and is made out of a solid chunk of plastic, I would imagine the door hinges are liable to break due to it being a weak plastic like pvc. Why on earth does the window have a handle??? if your going to open up your case that often get a tech bench. There is a distinct lack of subtle lines its all in your face black/silver with no apparent artistic ingenuity.

These are beautiful cases notice the subtleties in design very modern very minimalist
KustomPCs.co.uk - Lian Li PC-B25B Black Case
KustomPCs.co.uk - Lian Li PC-A7110B Black Full Tower Case
KustomPCs.co.uk - Lian Li TYR PCX-500B Black Case
This is my case:
KustomPCs.co.uk - Lian Li A71A Silver Full Case
This was my old one and about as loud and flashy as I would go (modded the top with a large one way mirror acrylic window, painted the inside blue mirror finished, silver accents on the inside mirror polished, polished the internals of the side/top panel to a mirror finish and installed 2 blue cathodes. Essentially once the cathodes were on you could see inside and the light was reflected off virtually every surface, when the lights were off it just appeared like a mirror installed on the panel)
Welcome to Thermaltake
the hinge on the apolo is amazing it is actualy metal, and is held closed magneticly, nzxt knows how to make a case do not be so quick to judge.

also the nzxt apolo has one of te nicest tooless designs i have ever seen especialy for the dirves, the expantion slots arent to bad either, each slot has its own individual clip.

NZXT cases, although they mostly have an alienware type look, retain strength and functionality... and that handle on the side panel is unbelieveably useful... something you really need to experience to appreciate

NZXT cases, although they mostly have an alienware type look, retain strength and functionality... and that handle on the side panel is unbelieveably useful... something you really need to experience to appreciate

NZXT has seemed to tone down the look of their cases in recent months. I think they're taking a more "professional looking" path. Still retaining their quality however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom