Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Computer Value Degradation

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 12:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Gabb
gone

Send a message via AIM to Gabb
Default Re: Computer Value Degradation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricanflow View Post
That computer is actually worth less than that.

You have to go by newegg prices, plus you gotta take off even more since everything is used. The system as it looks right now is still solid but only worth maybe around $600-$750.

I dont even wanna calculate how much mine is worth cause i spent over a grand a year ago and its gonna hurt to see how much it dropped.
Read my first paragraph I wrote concerning margin of error and how I knew the value was less

obviously I know I can't sell the computer for $1,066 and have no plans to sell the computer, I just calculated the change in price with the older inferior components. A newegg direct item comparison was hard because some of the items are listed as discontinued or have slightly different models.

The post really didn't make me feel too sad, computers to me are one of the best values out there along with video games cost when I factor in my subjective entertainment vs cost imho ( especially when compared to cars, paintballing, go karting ) . I just don't really see how its worth it to sell my system for less then $500 when I took so much time to build it and research all of the components. I still have my old pentium 4 2.8 ghz with a agp 256mb x800 xl thats sitting around in my room doing nothing...I doubt I can even get $100 for that. Better just to keep it around if the old relatives ever need to use it and such.
X-Fi Xtreme Gamer card, Logitech G5 series 2
Corsair K90 keyboard, Dell 24" U2412M monitor

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.